Thursday, January 5, 2012

Kicking off my new blog with an introduction.

Hi! It’s funny to think that I’ve been interested in herbs for 15 years. Especially because it will always be more than half of my life. When I was 13 I wanted to have a spa themed birthday party. Even at 13 I was very cheap and suspicious of body products long ingredient list. So I did what any normal, home- schooled, 13 year-old would do. I went to the library! There is a “beauty” section, I’m not sure if anyone goes there anymore. After Aucoin, Kevyn and Brown, Bobbi was Jeanne Rose, Stephanie L. Tourles and Janice Cox. That’s who I remember the most anyway. I brought these books home and I poured over them for days. I don’t remember at all what I was studying in school, but I can still make hand lotion. Those books were the gateway to what many people call The Green World.

The Green World is a place where ordinary people live. People who believe that they should be in charge of their own health decisions. People who love plants even if they don’t have a garden or kill everything they’ve ever tried to grow. Those who love to think, be challenged and learn new things. Those that want to make their own shampoos and hand lotions. Those who think they can do it better or cheaper or that it will just be fun to make your own cough syrup (it is!). People who see beauty around them.

You don’t have to believe fairies are real to believe that you are the hero of your own story. There are medical doctors, home birth midwives, mothers, fathers, even animals!

I’ve created this blog because I hope to share some of the lesson I’ve learned, recipes and ideas with you.


Just for fun, here is a cellphone picture of me. Can you tell that I'm at the Brandywine River Museum being talked to all at once by three little boys who are extremely excited about trains?

3 comments:

Emma said...

I look forward to reading and learning more here!

(And I know that train room. :) At the museum, I always loved the ornaments made out of seedpods, etc.)

Cindy said...

You are such an amazingly interesting and REAL person! I love it! Thank you for starting this and sharing with us!! :)

Unknown said...

Thank you to both of you. I look forward to sharing more.