Sunday, May 5, 2013

Sunday Favorites : five links from around the web.




The Ever-So Supportive Adaptogens from Dandelion Revolution a great herbal blog to add to your reader.

I made these really yummy grain free, refined sugar free mini muffins this week and they were gone in a day.  Lemon Poppy Seed from Elena's Pantry.  I swapped melted butter for oil and local honey for agave.

Not gonna lie, I'm kind of obsessed with this .gif of a Red Panda playing with a ball in the snow.

Love this sweet recipe for Fairy Salad from Susun Weed.

Two very sweet bloggers have put together this lovely Get Real series featering other bloggers as well.  I've really enjoyed reading as some of my favorite bloggers tackle everything from housework and meals to marriage.  Read one of the first in the series here at Fields and Fire.  She has links to the other participants.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'll have to try the lemon-poppyseed muffins. I've never really tried any alternative baking recipes.

Unknown said...

I don't really like coconut flour in baked goods that aren't cake. I've tried some other things, drop biscuits, bread, cookies. It has a sort of fibrous/gritty texture that I don't notice in cake. These muffins were more like cupcakes. Also I meant to say, I make a lemon glaze from 10x sugar and the juice from the lemon and I added more poppy seeds because I love seeds. Coconut flour absorbs massive amounts of liquid and you barely need any flour. This recipe called for only 1/4 cup coconut flour and made 18 mini muffins. So even though it's expensive, it goes far.